Kindergarten Registration for 2020-2021 School Year
We are accepting registration in Kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year beginning February 3, 2020. You will need to complete a district registration form. Information on how to register a child who is new to the district is available here: Registering Your Child For School
Step 1: Download our Student Registration form and Collection and Use of Personal Information Declaration, FOIP and Media Consent form.
Step 2: Fill out the forms, indicate your preference for morning or afternoon classes (on the top of the document), print and sign in the designated area(s)
Step 3: Bring the completed forms to Laurier Heights School to register, along with appropriate documentation required to complete your registration:
- Verification of legal name and age (usually a birth certificate)
- Confirmation of address for the student's parent or legal guardian (driver's license, utility bill)
- In some cases, immigration documents may also be required, such as landed immigrant documentation or a Permanent Recidency Card
A parent or guardian needs to present some legal proof of the child's name, citizenship and birth date the first time that the child registers in a school or kindergarten. The following is a list of vital statistics documents that are deemed acceptable for this purpose:
- Canadian Birth Certificate
- Canadian Citizenship Certificate
- Canadian Adoption Certificate
- Permanent Landed Immigrant/Residence Document
When applying for Kindergarten, please indicate your preference for morning or afternoon Kindergarten.